Queenslanders 1600 new job vacancies Brisbane -Gold Coast.
A new round of job vacancies is being advertised in Brisbane to Gold Coast during Australia’s unprecedented COVID-19 response.
Minister for Employment and Small Business Shannon Fentiman said online employment portal SEEK had advised of more than 1600 new job vacancies in Brisbane -Gold Coast.
“We know this is a tough time for Brisbane with the jobs of many Queenslanders evaporating virtually overnight,” Ms Fentiman said.
“It’s good news to see that according to the SEEK online jobs portal there are up to 1685 jobs in Brisbane waiting to be filled right now.”
New jobs across several sectors advertised by SEEK include:
- Businesses and government departments scaling up call centres in response to a rapid increase in customer and social needs, creating extra jobs for call centre operators, customer care staff, data entry and call centre managers
- Aged care with roles for drivers, cooks and nurses and general medical, as well as pharmacists,
- Software development and cybersecurity as businesses adjust to remote working practices
- Retail essential services in shelf stacking, supply chain managers, warehousing supervisors and logistics truck drivers
- Food delivery drivers for cafe and restaurant takeaways
- Nannies and tutors for parents and carers working from home who need support with care and education
“These 1685 job vacancies offer hope as we work together through a challenging time for our community,” Ms Fentiman said.
“We want to assist businesses as much as possible during this crisis to stay open and keep staff employed.
“That’s why the Palaszczuk Government has introduced $4 billion in COVID-19 assistance measures.
“This assistance includes a $200 credit for 2.1 million Queensland households to help with water and electricity costs.
“And, $2.5 billion in worker and industry support, such as payroll tax relief, assistance for businesses renting government-owned buildings, plus help to get unemployed Queenslanders into jobs in sectors with a shortage of workers.
“We’re working creatively and collaboratively with industry to keep as many people in Brisbane in work as we can.
“The Palaszczuk Government’s assistance and the programs offered by the Federal Government will help Brisbane bounce back stronger once COVID-19 has been defeated.
Attribution: Minister for Employment and Small Business and Minister for Training and Skills Development The Honourable Shannon Fentiman
Some Job Listings Below, More at SEEK
This is a featured job at API Leisure & Lifestyle
This is a Casual/Vacation job location: Gold Coast
Gold Coast classification: Trades & Services Cleaning Services
- Cleaner with hotel or apartment experience
- Ideal for retired/semi-retired couple
- Autonomous role with head office support
Listed three days ago at Practical Labour Solutions
This is a Part-Time job location: Gold Coast
Gold Coast $25-$30 An Hour classification: Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics
Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics Pickers & Packers
John Flynn Private Hospital Ramsay Health This is a Casual/Vacation job
location: Gold Coast $22-$25 plus casual loading classification: Hospitality & Tourism Kitchen & Sandwich Hands
Listed one day ago at Rocky Point Mulching
This is a Casual/Vacation job location: Gold Coast $20 – $24.99 per hour
classification: Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics
Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics: Warehousing, Storage & Distribution
Mercy Community This is a Casual/Vacation job
location: Gold Coast Community Services & Development
Classification: Aged & Disability Support Aged & Disability Support
- Attractive hourly rate
- Supportive team culture
- Flexible work options